As of 6/1/21, the decision has been made to move the Summer Playground Program back to the Van Buren Park location. There was too much overlapping, with the Baldwinsville School District, and we had to make the decision to move the program. All kids will be located at Pavilion B
- Registration forms, Covid paperwork/guidelines, etc, will be posted to this site on Wednesday, April 28th.
- The program will run for 5 weeks, Tuesday, July 6-Friday, August 6th from 9am-2pm, for kids 6-12. The cost will be $350/participant (Town of Van Buren residents); $375/participant (Lysander and any other non-residents)
- We will start registration the first week of May.
- Town of Van Buren residents will have a week to register first and then we will open up registration to non-residents, if any slots are still available.
- Registration for Town of Van Buren residents: Monday, May 3
- Registration for Lysander and other non-residents: Monday, May 10th (if spots are still available)
- We will accept registration in-person, by mail or by fax. ALL paperwork MUST be included to be processed, no exceptions. We will not hold spots.
- Kids will be placed in pods of 10-12. If registering more than one child, siblings will be placed in the same pod, regardless of age, to minimize exposure to other pods.
- We will be following any current guidelines that are in place by the CDC, NYS and the Onondaga Health Department. Guidelines will be posted on this page when the registration forms get posted. We will continue to update the guidelines as they are changed.
- You will need to have updated vaccine records from your child’s primary care doctor at the time of registration. We will not accept any paperwork without these, nor will we hold your spot.
Because we are offering such a small Summer Playground Program, at Van Buren Park, we will be offering 5 or more 1 week themed camps (science camps, dinosaur camp, under the sea, etc). These will be posted on under our “recreation program” link starting the last week of April. The spaces are extremely minimal, so please don’t wait to register for these.
** IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: Immunization records MUST accompany the playground registration form for each child. We will not accept registration without them. Please contact your doctor’s office now so you are not waiting for them later on!
DOCUMENTS FOR DOWNLOAD
Playground Program Registration Sheet – will not be accepted until Monday, May 3rd (Town of Van Buren residents). Non-residents can start registering on Monday, May 10th, if there are any spots left. Please remember the registration must me dropped off, mailed or emailed (www.townofvanburen.com) and must have payment and immunization records with it in order to be taken. (The sheet does say McNamara, please cross that off and put Van Buren Park in that spot)
Current parent guidelines for COVID-19 (will be updated as we hear more from the Health Dept)
*** Please read this over if you plan on leaving medication, including epi-pens, at the park site.
** Refunds: Participants can cancel out of the program up until 6/1/2020 (you will receive half of the original price back). We will not issue any refunds after 6/1/2020.