Ready to get married in New York State?

Are you getting married in the next 60 days (licenses are only good for 60 days)?

Keep in mind NYS still has a 24 hour waiting period between license purchase and when you can get married!

Email to request marriage license appointment and information on requirements.

In order to apply for a marriage license you will need the following documents:

A Driver’s License/Non-Driver’s ID Card or Passport

A Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate

Divorce Papers stamped with County seal/date recorded or death certificate for ALL previous marriages

$40.00 fee in form of cash or credit, no checks are accepted for marriage licenses

NYS now offers a One-Day Marriage Officiant License

*Must be at least 18 years old but do not need to a resident of NYS

*License is good for only the ceremony you list on application

*Application must be in same town/city clerk after parties apply for marriage license

*$25.00 fee

One Day Marriage Officiant Application

I got married in New York State, but, can’t find my Marriage Certificate

You will need to get a transcript (replacement) from where ever you applied for your license.  If that is in Van Buren…give us a call 315-635-3010 to request a transcript.  It’s $10.00 each.  If you no longer live close enough to pick it up in person, submit this form to request the transcript and we will mail it to you.

If you want to pay for your marriage certificate online go to Municipay – Town of Van Buren

If you are looking for information for Apostille Certification (for those living outside the USA) please see this informational sheet


 Save as PDF