What is your location and hours of operation?
The Town Hall, 7575 Van Buren Road, Baldwinsville, New York, 13027 is open Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.

The Parks and Recreation and Building and Grounds Departments are located at 7350 Canton Street, Baldwinsville, New York, 13027 and are open Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.

The Town Highway Garage, 3417 Walters Rd, Syracuse, New York, 13209 is open Monday, though Friday, excluding holidays, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Summer hours are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 am to 4:30 pm.

Who do I contact for a sewer emergency or back up?
You can contact the Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection at 315-435-3157.

Who do I contact for water service?
If you live outside the Village of Baldwinsville, contact OCWA at 315-455-7061.   After hours emergencies call 315-475-7601.

Village residents and those in the Maple Road Water District should contact the Village of Baldwinsville at 315-635-3521.

Who does garbage and yard waste pick up in Van Buren?
Garbage pick up is private and you can view a list of private haulers here.

Yard waste must be brought to OCRRA at their facility on Airport Road in Amboy. They are open Monday through Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. For fees and additional information visit their page here

Does the town pickup Christmas trees?
Yes, place it at the roadside, not in the road, and the Highway Department will pick it up, you can contact them for more information at 315-635-5124.

Where do I get a blue recycling bin or battery bag?
They are available at the Town Hall during normal business hours.

I live in Village Green and need to know who to contact for my condo/homeowner’s association?
The Town of Van Buren does not keep records of condo or homeowner associations.

Who do I contact for dog control issues?
We share a Dog Control Officer with the Town of Camillus, you can contact her at 315-488-1234.

Who do I contact for a building permit application?
You can reach the Code Enforcement Officer at 315-635-3604 for questions regarding building permits or visit the page on this website.

Where do I find information on park and recreation programs?
Information on park and recreation programs and park pavilion rentals can be obtained on by clicking here or by calling 315-638-4727.

Does Van Buren park have a pool?
Yes, information on the pool and swimming lessons can be found by clicking here.

Who do I contact for drainage easement clean out?
You can contact the Highway Department at 315-635-5124.

My mailbox was hit by the town plow, who do I contact for a replacement?
If you live on a town road you contact the Van Buren Highway Department.

If you live on a county road you can contact Onondaga County Highway Department at 315-484-1550.

If you are unsure if you live on a town or county road, check here.

When does street sweeping start?
Street sweeping starts in the Spring.

Who do I call about a dead animal in the road?
If the animal is on a town road contact the Van Buren Highway Department. If it is on a county road contact Onondaga County at 315-484-1550.